Field Trips at May Farms
Field trips for classrooms, family outings, special needs groups, home
school gatherings and seniors are not only educational, they are fun! Put
yourself in touch with past and present day farming on an actual working
farm just minutes from Denver (and there are no dirt roads to travel on)!
- You will be accompanied by an instructor for your hour and a half excursion
- Lots of 1900s rural life items to see, feel and learn about
- Pass around bags of the grains we grow, learn about what they become, their growing process, see some of them in the field
- Go to the barnyard for a hands-on time with chickens, sheep, goats, and donkeys,feed them, pass around just-laid eggs, learn about these animals and their products
- Walk to the corn field and pumpkin patch (Sept. and Oct. only) and learn about pollination…a pumpkin is included for everyone during these months. May-Aug. we will walk to fields as well, and everyone will plant a seed of their choice to take home and grow
- Everyone anticipates the barrel train ride!
- Bring a sack lunch to eat outside and dress for the weather. There is plenty of space to run and play in the sunshine of the country
- If you have time, take a walk, explore new lavender plants growing in rows,play on Activity Acre, wait for a train to go by, ask us any questions you have, or just enjoy a little country quietWe are ADA compliant. Service animals only, please.
Our field trips are very popular and require reservations.
Groups of 15 or more are needed to run a field trip.
Ask about lunch options and Ragtime Piano programs!